companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Jello Muffins


I am busy doing my prep work for the week, but I took time out to take a photo of the muffins we will be eating. This is my standard Jello Muffin from the e-book, made with raspberry gelatin. That is one flavor that does not have maltodextrin as an ingredient. It also happens to be my favorite for the muffins. They become a pretty deep pink color. Today, I whipped up some frosting--cream cheese, Raspberry DaVinci syrup and even a spoonful of Chia gel. That of course, is an optional ingredient.

Jello Muffins

1 cup vanilla protein powder
3/4 cup flax meal
1/4 cup sifted coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
dash of salt
1 package sugarfree gelatin
1/2 cup DaVinci syrup (any flavor)
1/4 cup Splenda or equivalent sweetener
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil

Mix together wet ingredients in a small bowl. Blend the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Combine and let the batter rest for 10 minutes. Grease 12 muffin tins or 24 mini muffins. Fill cups and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when placed in the center.

Serves 12 206 calories 2 carbs


4/14 update: Tonight I made this batch with E Z Sweetz Stevia and Monkfruit drops in place of the DaVinci syrup and sucralose. I measured out to equal 3/4 cup (3/4 tsp). The sweeteners really are forgiving. I did need to add a half cup of water. They still have the light texture we love. Aspartame warning: if you want to avoid the exposure to aspartame, which we generally do, I have been told you can add 1/2 packet unsweetened Kool-aid and a packet of unflavored gelatin while upping the sweetener a bit. I will try this soon for you. We have a little aspartame from time to time in small quantities. If only it was easier to find a sugar free gelatin without it.


Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

Order our books at: 

http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php

Love the recipes I share on this blog? My ebook helps you plan and prep to stay healthy 24/7.   http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com
You might also like:

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just made these tonight, luckily I had one packet of kool-aid left =) (grape), and I used caramel Torani SF syrup. They taste just like blueberry muffins to me. I didn't frost them bc they were so good without it. Ty for the recipe, it's definitely going to be great to use when I crave blueberry muffins.

Unknown said...

Hi- Want to try these. Netrition has stevia jello. I just bought some. It does have malodextrin in it, though. Great site, btw. I'm getting the hang of this low carbing and I like it!