companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Taco Pizza--My Signature for Tonight



I love Mexican food, but just about everything I can buy at restaurants comes laden with tortillas. When the craving hits, I can have all the same flavors at home. Same taste, fewer carbs. Tonight's recipe uses a crust that is very versatile. My Signature Pizzas in the e-book explain all the variations we low carbers can make. The combos are endless. This crust is the invention of Nancyelle over on the Low Carb Friends forum. It has been tweaked by hundreds of low carbers, so it is easy to find several variations. Basically it is a cheese and egg crust. Most people add a bit of a flour type ingredient to bind it together.

For the three of us tonight, I added 2 cups of Jack cheese, 2 eggs and 2 Tablespoons of soy flour. I spread this on parchment paper on my pizza stone. After baking for about 15 minutes at 400 degrees, I took the crust out, and flipped it over. The parchment keeps that from sticking. Then I topped it with mild salsa, Mexican Minute Beef, more cheese, some green bell pepper and black olives. Back in the oven for about 10 minutes, and the feasting began!

No comments: