companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

"Honey Do" Day Menu --Breakfast Bonanza Muffins


My hubby is a busy guy. Programming a radio station keeps him on call 24/7. If I need some projects around the house worked on, I have to plead with him to take some vacation. Even then, he still escapes from time to time to his computer to tweak some programming. Yesterday, he got the light fixture in my kitchen changed. The overhead had not worked for about ten years! Now I can see how badly the back half of my stove needs a good scrub. Add that to the list of chores. He also managed to fix the fence, do some lawn care, and load some photos in a digital frame. (I had been waiting since Christmas for that one.) Today, we are cleaning off the porches and our closet gets an overhaul.

It will be a busy, messy day, and I sure don't need to be doing any elaborate meals. This morning, we will be dining on the Breakfast Bonanza muffins I made Sunday. I've got Chili in the crockpot, so all I will do is make some soy cornbread to go with it tonight. I hope I am not too sore to manage that! Lunch will be build your own salad. That's my plan for getting everything done today.

Here is the recipe for those muffins just in case you want to make a big batch to simplify your mornings. I put mine in cupcake papers after baking to make them a bit less oily for serving, but it is not necessary. I freeze them, and place them in a ziploc bag for storage. A minute in the microwave has them hot and ready to eat in the morning. They are also excellent for box lunches.

Breakfast Bonanza Muffins
1 pound sausage, any flavor
1 cup mushrooms, sliced
1 cup green pepper, chopped
1 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup Monterey Jack cheese
8 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup heavy cream
4 ounces cream cheese
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground mustard

Brown sausage with mushrooms and green pepper. Drain. While sausage is cooking, whisk eggs. Add cream, cheeses, salt and mustard. Use a measuring cup to fill 12 greased muffin tins. Be sure to get an equal amount of cheese in each cup. Bake for 25-30 minutes at 350 degrees.

Serves 12 331 calories 2 carbs


Get more great recipes at the Low Carbing Among Friends Facebook Page:               https://www.facebook.com/LowCarbingAmongFriends

 Order any of our great cookbooks at  http://amongfriends.us/24-7-LCD.php


Order my original e-book or the latest version for couples and singles,  A Table for Two here.

2 comments:

thania said...

One excellent recipe after another .

Thanks

Anonymous said...

I made your recipe for sausage muffins tonight -- very good#

Thank you

Elaine