companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Monday, June 1, 2009

Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Shots for Two


It is another one of those wonderful days when meals do not require gray matter on my part. Everything is already prepped and a snap to put together. Dinner tonight will be Tuna Alfredo. Since that is already prepared, I tinkered around with more desserts this afternoon.

Hopefully, you have read my blogs about dessert shots here and here, oh, and here. Well, now you have another idea which uses those glorious strawberries that are so plentiful now.

Strawberry Cheesecake Dessert Shots

2 ounces cream cheese
2 Tablespoons sour cream
dash of lemon juice
3 whole strawberries, divided
1 Tablespoon DaVinci French Vanilla syrup
1/8 cup Splenda or equivalent sweetener
1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
1 Tablespoon ground pecans

Soften cream cheese. Blend with sour cream, two strawberries, syrup, sweetener and lemon juice. (I used an immersion blender) Mix flax and pecans and lightly toast them. Slice the remaining strawberry into thin slices, reserving the slices with stem for garnish. Layer the dessert, alternating between pudding, nut mixture and strawberry slices. Garnish with a berry slice.

Serves 2 172 calories 4 net carbs


Remember, these are tiny glasses, note the size of the strawberry. It is a small to average berry. This is just enough to keep you from feeling deprived on low carb. Most of our carbs should be coming from vegetables. But, hey, let's enjoy life!

4 comments:

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Those are soo cute!! I'm pleased to have found your blog. I linked to you as well from mine.

thania said...

This is a great treat, nice and simple, I did it with sour cherries.

Thanks

Lisa Marshall said...

Jennifer--thanks! I'm at your blog all the time. You are a much better baker than I am. I'll link you too.

Lisa

Jennifer [To PIN/share a Post, Click the 3 dots or the Red SAVE Button] said...

Lisa, thank you, that is high praise coming from such a good cook. I can take tips from you, for sure. :-)