companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cranberry Sauce for Pork


I just love recipes that make one dish, then almost magically transform into something else. On Saturday, I made a Cranberry Sauce using a blend of sweeteners to replace the sugar. That is pretty good; tasty with turkey, and very traditional. I had leftovers, and well, a girl can only eat so much cranberry sauce. The men at my house are not huge fans. I wondered what else I could do with it. This is that traditional sauce pictured below.



I ran across some recipes online for a cranberry sauce for pork. I still had some pork roast that needs to be used, so I borrowed ideas from several recipes and made my own version this morning. So glad I did, because the flavors are complex and addictive...if you like fruit and pork together. I always have.

Lisa's Cranberry Sauce for Pork
This is one of the recipes included in my new cookbook project, Low Carbing Among Friends.
This recipe is available in the book, along with over 60 additional 24/7 Low Carb Diner recipes. By ordering the book, you get more than 300 favorite gluten free recipes from four other well known low carb cooking experts…Jennifer Eloff of Splendid Low Carbing cookbook fame, Kent Altena, the Atkins Diet Geek and You Tube star, nutritionist and author Maria Emmerich of Maria’s Nutritious and Delicious Journal, and popular blogger and food stylist, Carolyn Ketchum of All Day I Dream About Food. Unlike any other cookbook you may own, this one is a compilation of mini cookbooks featuring the talents of these well known low carbers. Think of it as a “best of” project.
Low Carbing Among Friends also features recipes from numerous other talented low carbing friends and recommendations from the medical community who recognize the health benefits of low carb, gluten free living. To preorder your copy, visit http://www.amongfriends.us The official release date is 11/11/11, so pre-order now for a discount.


Hubby has to work a basketball game tonight, so I rushed this morning to get all three meals done and packed up to send to the station with him. For breakfast, he got a sausage sandwich. Good thing I still had some coconut flour buns already prepared. For lunch he got a Taco Salad made with Mexican Minute Beef. For his dinner, which he will have to eat alone in front of the control panel, he has the pork roast with cranberry sauce, some green beans, and some Pumpkin cakes I was playing around with last night. Sounds like a good autumn meal. All that was put together in about 30 minutes. Whew! It really does save the day to plan ahead!

1 comment:

Chris said...

Lisa, this sounds wonderful! I really like fruit with meat, especially pork, so I'm going to give this one a try.

Thanks