companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Chicken Salad with Smokey Bacon Dressing


If you have been a Diner for very long, you have come to realize that I love my smokey flavored foods. Yesterday, I made a new dressing that is a little like ranch, a little like a hot bacon dressing and pretty tasty for a change of pace. It turned our plain chicken cube salad into a very nice lunch. It is definitely not a low calorie dressing, but it does have good fats, so indulge. We lost our internet connection yesterday afternoon, and my dear hubby just managed to get it back up. We still aren't sure what the problem was, but hopefully it will work now. Amazing how dependent we have become on such technology!

Smokey Bacon Dressing

4 Tablespoons plain yogurt
3 Tablespoons mayonnaise
2 Tablespoons bacon fat
1 Tablespoon yellow mustard
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon Wright's Hickory liquid smoke
1/4 teaspoon Bacon Salt
1 packet sweetener,I used stevia

Mix everything together and chill. Good as a salad dressing, or as a burger topping.


For our salads, I also added some Monterey Jack cheese and some cherub tomatoes. Of course, you could add some crumbled bacon too--that would taste awesome. My chicken cubes were all prepped in the freezer so the salad was really fast to put together. If you don't have any chicken prepped Diner style, just grill some chicken up fresh. It's all good.

3 comments:

Joan said...

Oh my goodness, that sounds good!

BeadedbyMeesh said...

This sounds great, but what is bacon salt??

Lisa Marshall said...

I have blogged about my Bacon Salt Before -http://247lowcarbdiner.blogspot.com/2009/02/beauty-of-burgers.html

It adds an extra smokey bacon zing to lots of foods! I can find it in the spice aisle of most of our groceries, so look for it. Definitely yummy stuff.