companion blog to the e-book the 24/7 Low Carb Diner

Companion blog to the e-book
Available at http://www.247lowcarbdiner.com

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Fast Food Scramble


Life is entering the really busy season around here. We are wrapping up the school year... Prom, of course, and I am on a parent committee for food! I am teaching an extra class for a few more weeks, and we are planning my son's graduation. I have a couple of church projects coming up too. Busy, busy with party planning and guests and programs and such.

While the kids today were working on their filming project, I made a to do list. Oh my heavens is it long! I am really going to try to get some extra meals done on my prep day this weekend. With everything scheduled in the upcoming weeks, I think I will need them. That is when the Diner system can save our lives. Busy, hectic days are so much better when all I have to do is plop a defrosted casserole in the oven and grab a handful of salad.

Of course, not every meal comes from the oven. Today's breakfast is one of those. It is one of the E.Z. Fix scrambles. Ham and eggs is about as simple as it gets. Normally, I don't bother to photograph such simple low carb fare, but today, I got to try out my "new to me" camera. Granted it is used, but I now have my first dslr! I promise the photography for my food shots will be improving. Maybe I can even replace that old purple gravy shot!!!! You long time diners will remember that one and laugh.

I have been experimenting with my new used ice cream machine too. I want a frozen yogurt. The last version was fantastic as a soft serve, but somehow lost flavor when it froze overnight. Has that ever happened to you? I am still trying to get the perfect recipe. So, if life had not been so busy, I just might have blogged about my wonderful soft serve Praline and Cream frozen yogurt. But now that I tasted it a day later, I think it still needs a little work. But that will have to wait. I can't eat too many of my mistakes, and now I have to make a new batch of yogurt too. Maybe next week. It is definitely ice cream weather here lately. I think spring is busier than Christmas!

No comments: